SAFETY INFORMATION – SPARKLERS
Safety Tips for using Sparklers and more
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult supervise the use of all items. Items are not recommended for children under age 10.
- Store items away from all moisture. Products will last several years in a cool, dry place.
- Never throw or point items at other people.
- Never carry items in your pocket.
- Never place lit items in glass containers.
- Only use outside.
- Test one sparkler before your event so you know what to expect.
- Light one sparkler at a time and never light a bundle of sparklers at once.
- Use a lighter that keeps your hand away from the flame, such as a torch-type lighter, butane or barbecue lighter. Matches will not burn hot or long enough to light your sparklers.
- Always light the sparkler at the tip furthest away from the wire handle.
- Keep lit sparkler at arm's length away from the face, body, or clothing of yourself or other people nearby.
- Dispose of properly by soaking in water.
- Be sure to keep a lit sparkler away from flammable materials, such as gasoline, paper napkins, or tissues.
- Never grab a burned or burning portion of a sparkler.
- Keep water nearby (garden hose or bucket).
- Dispose used sparklers in our Sparkler bucket of water or sand or on a metal tray. Once the sparkler cools then the sparkler wires can be thrown into the trash.
CHECK WITH YOUR VENUE FIRST:
Please check with your venue coordinator to see if sparklers are permitted. Most locations won’t mind you using them outside, but it’s best to ask first!
BUY QUALITY METAL WIRE SPARKLERS:
Use any of our sparklers made out of metal wire (#20, #36), do not buy bamboo stick sparklers. Bamboo sparklers produce significantly more smoke and will leave ash behind as they burn down the stick. They can be very messy and I don’t recommend them for formal occasions.
CREATE AND CONTROL THE MOMENT:
If doing a “tunnel” of sparklers for the bride and groom to run under for their exit…keep the crowd a little more than an arm’s length away. It’s more for show than to literally make a tunnel. A wide tunnel also gives the bride & groom enough room to “dash” out without bending over. This will help you get great pictures.
ARE SPARKLERS SAFE?
If used with good discretion, sparklers are perfectly safe. The following warning is included in every box: "Caution, Flammable. Use only under close adult supervision. For outdoor use only. Do not touch glowing wire. Hold in hand with arm extended from body. Keep burning end or sparks away from wearing apparel or other flammable material. Hold and light only one sparkler at a time. After use, place in water."
Will SPARKLERS BURN MY DRESS OR SUIT?
Again, like I mentioned above, if sparklers are used with good discretion, you should not have a single worry. I have had thousands of happy brides order and use sparklers without a single complaint. Make sure, if you are using sparklers for your wedding departure, that you have your guests lined up far enough away from each other to create a wide row (so that you are NOT running underneath the sparklers). This will eliminate any possibility of sparklers coming in contact with the wedding dress. Please read the safety instructions included in the box.
WHAT IS THE SAFEST WAY TO USE SPARKLERS?
Line your guests up into 2 rows and have the bride and groom run through the rows. Make sure the bride and groom are not running under a "tunnel" of sparklers. We have had thousands of happy brides and not a single problem because all guests have used the sparklers responsibly.
Are sparklers safe to use indoors?
No, sparklers are for outdoor use only.